Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jupiter Drinks

Welcome to my little corner of booze.

I know. There are already about a million blogs about booze. What I hope to bring here is not only my take on the drinks that I discover, particularly in my hometown of Lexington, KY, but also my own recipes as I play bartender in my kitchen. 

What you need to know is that I'm a spirits/alcohol/booze enthusiast, and not just for the buzz. To be honest, after having my gall bladder removed a few years ago, I'm really not capable of too much intoxication. But, what I do love is tasting flavors I've never had before. I also love mixing, concocting and just playing around with libations to create drinks that are meant to be both sipped and chugged. 

I'll warn you that from here forward, it's going to get both pretty high brow snooty as well as syrupy sweet trashy on here. Just like I can enjoy Bjork and Ke$ha, I love a complex, infused drink, but I'm also not afraid to sip on something with a paper umbrella in it. I plan to share a little bit of both. 

Hopefully, you'll see some posts about the drinks that I find as I move through the world. Upcoming, there will be some posts about my favorite cocktails in Lexington, a post about my experience in the OXO Tower bar in London, and a few words about the cocktails at Dylan's Candy Bar in New York City (Pop Rocks martini, y'all!!). 

Finally, there will also be a few of my own recipes and ideas. Everything from the perfect drink to serve your guests for various parties, to tips and tricks on how to create that perfect nightcap to unwind at the end of the day. 

So, let's get to mixing and drinking (21 and over, of course) and raise your glass to the beginning of Jupiter Drinks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment